One of the challenges to achieve a sustainable transformation of the refrigeration and air conditioning sector is the provision and effective deployment of finance to enable a widespread uptake of Green Cooling appliances. As a significant portion of the target audience lacks the financial means for upfront investment, financial solutions are needed to facilitate the acquisition of Green Cooling appliances. Financial institutions can play a pivotal role by bridging the gap by offering financial products, such as green loans, that enable customers to acquire and install Green Cooling appliances without a burdensome initial payment. This approach can accelerate the transition to Green Cooling by making it more accessible and affordable.
This webinar, organised by the Green Cooling Initiative, will delve into the key principles of Green Cooling and explore the opportunities associated with promoting eco-friendly finance solutions for Green Cooling. Furthermore, the webinar will illustrate how financial institutions can embed Green Cooling into the wider context of the Sustainable Finance Agenda. Ultimately, the speakers will present a structured, stepwise approach for the development of a Green Cooling loan product.
Moderation: Maja Schmauser, GIZ Proklima
Times are in CET.
11:00 - 11:10
- Opening Remarks - GIZ Proklima
11:10 - 11:20
- Overview: Financing mitigation measures in the cooling sector - Lukas Kahlen, NewClimate
11:20 - 11:30
- Financing Green Cooling: What are potential roles, opportunities and risks for financial institutions? Lukas Kahlen, NewClimate
11:30 - 11:45
- Using credit lines to foster green lending in the cooling sector - Sanna Stockstrom, KfW Development Bank
11:45 - 12:00
- Questions & Answers - All participants