The event presented and discussed the results of multiple years of work to develop and update Paris-compatible sectoral benchmarks. Sectoral benchmarks break down the mitigation objectives under the Paris Agreement to the sectoral level and hence make them more accessible to a broader audience. Those benchmarks aim at helping decision makers to assess if recent developments and future targets of countries, as well as non-state and subnational actors, are compatible with the Paris Agreement’s long-term temperature limit. Beyond providing the benchmark, they also enlighten on the road to achieve Paris compatibility by highlighting policies and other underlying drivers needed.
More details on the WeMeanBusiness pavilion website.
- Frauke Röser (NewClimate Institute)
- Claire Fyson (Climate Analytics)
- Silke Mooldijk (NewClimate Institute)
- Kelly Levin (Bezos Earth Fund)
- Casey Cronin (Climate Works Foundation)
- Dan Rutherford (ICCT)
- Bill Hare (Climate Analytics, HLEG)
The event started at 14h30 local time / 13h30 CET.