Position: Communications, marketing and outreach specialist (R-AD1803)
Period: Starting as soon as possible
Location: Berlin or Cologne
Deadline: Friday 23 February 2018
NewClimate Institute is a think tank which started operations in November 2014. We are a team of approximately 25 researchers and policy advisors with long experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge.
We seek a communications, marketing and outreach specialist, to support NewClimate Institute’s outreach activities. Your work would include the development and implementation of outreach and communication strategies for projects and NewClimate Institute overall, as well as the maintenance of the NewClimate website and social media platforms together with the other research-focused employees.
Tasks will include, for example:
- Development and management of outreach and marketing strategies for project outputs and events
- Management of press and media relations
- Maintenance and updating of NewClimate Institute’s website (based on WordPress platform)
- Development of content for social media based on project outputs and news items (including design of text content and graphics)
- Analysis of statistics/trends for website and outreach channels
- Design of electronic and printed marketing materials (e.g. flyers)
- Maintenance and further development of report and presentation templates
- Editing and proof reading of outputs (e.g. sharpening report language for communication purposes)
- Conceptualisation and design or coordination of infographics for communication of project outputs
Since the position is for a single communications, marketing and outreach specialist, operating within a team of researchers and policy analysts, the preferred candidate is a highly motivated professional with a high degree of responsibility and an independent and thorough working style. The candidate should have strong skills and experience in marketing and communications, and a passion for the field of climate change policy and sustainable development.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in marketing, outreach and communications, preferably on policy- or science-related issues.
- High level of interest and skill in PR, outreach and communications strategy, and online marketing
- High level of interest and basic knowledge in climate change and energy policy
- Intermediate skills with software packages for graphic design
- Intermediate experience and/or knowledge of content management systems for website maintenance (e.g. WordPress)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Languages: Fluent English essential, advanced German preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the EU
If you are interested in the position as described above, please send us your CV including a short cover letter and working examples (if available) to email@example.com. Please include (R-AD1803) in the subject line.