Position: Policy Analyst (R-1807).
Period: Starting as soon as available. Full time – 40 hours per week.
Location: Cologne or Berlin
Application deadline: 30 September 2018
NewClimate Institute seeks an experienced policy analyst to strengthen the team in the area of climate & development, with a particular focus on the long-term transition of the energy supply and demand sectors. NewClimate Institute is a think tank which started operations in November 2014. We are a team of researchers and policy advisors with long experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. Your work here would focus on advancing climate policy development and implementation in developing countries in the context of implementing the Paris goals. The position includes, amongst other responsibilities, project management, organisation and delivery of capacity building and research missions, qualitative and quantitative analysis of climate and sustainable energy policies, leading and contributing to climate policy research reports.
You should be highly motivated with a strong interest and expertise in the field of climate change policy, sustainable development and sustainable energy systems.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Motivated to work in a small, evolving institute and be part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Keen to work in an international atmosphere with partners from around the globe
- Self-sufficient, independent and eager to learn
- Thorough, solution seeking and scientific in her/his way of working
- Flexible and interested to travel in Germany and internationally
- Minimum of five years of experience in the area of climate change mitigation and energy systems analysis
- Experience in managing medium size projects and project teams
- Experience in working independently at the international level with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the climate policy landscape, both at the country as well as in international policy level
- Knowledge of energy systems and/ or other mitigation relevant sectors
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Full proficiency in English (spoken and written) is required, other languages in particular German, Spanish and French are an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Eligibility to work in Germany
If you are interested and fit the described profile, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com