Position: Policy Analyst for Climate Change Policy and International Development (R-1603).
Period: Starting summer 2016. Full time – 40 hours per week.
Location: Berlin or Cologne
Application deadline: Open until filled
NewClimate Institute seeks an experienced policy analyst in Berlin or Cologne, to strengthen the team in the area of climate & development and international climate finance. NewClimate Institute is a think tank which started operations in November 2014. We are a team of researchers and policy advisors with long experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. Your work here would focus in particular on advancing climate policy development and implementation in developing countries. The position includes, amongst other responsibilities, project management, organisation and delivery of capacity building missions, qualitative and quantitative analysis of climate policies, leading and contributing to climate policy research reports.
You should be highly motivated with a strong interest in the field of climate change policy and sustainable development.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Motivated to work in a small, evolving institute and be part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Keen to work in an international atmosphere with partners from around the globe
- Self-sufficient, independent and eager to learn
- Thorough, solution seeking and scientific in her/his way of working
- Flexible and interested to travel in Germany and internationally
- Minimum of five years of experience in the area of climate change mitigation
- Experience in managing medium size projects and project teams
- Experience in working in international cooperation and with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the climate policy landscape, both at the country as well as in international policy level
- Knowledge of energy systems and/ or other mitigation relevant sectors
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Full proficiency in English (spoken and written) is required, other languages in particular German and French are an advantage
- Permission to work in Germany
If you are interested and fit the described profile, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter to email@example.com. There is no formal deadline for application; this specific position will remain open until filled.