Master degree students are welcome to submit speculative applications for an internship or thesis placement.
Period: 3 months (flexible start date). Full time – 40 hours per week.
Deadline: No application deadline
NewClimate Institute regularly works with motivated Masters degree students, interested in a career in climate change policy and sustainable development, who may join the NewClimate Institute team for an internship of 3 months’ minimum duration. Possible tasks may include, for example:
- Research tasks related to project work on climate policy analysis
- Data collection and analysis
- Administrative support
- Support for preparation of research proposals
- Organisation of events
Combination of the internship with a master thesis is generally possible. The internship will be remunerated. Actual conditions depend on the qualification of the candidate.
The preferred candidate is a highly motivated student with a high degree of responsibility and an independent working style, and a deep interest in the field of climate change policy.
- Current enrolment in a Masters degree (or equivalent) in a related field of study (e.g. environmental policy or engineering, economics, development, international relations etc.) (near-completion)
- Enrolled Masters degree programme must explicitly require the completion of an internship (evidence required)
- Knowledge of major developments in climate change policy
- Languages: English essential, advanced German preferred, other languages of advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Eligibility for internships in Germany
If you are interested in an internship or Masters thesis position, as described above, please send us your CV including a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code “R-IN17” in the subject line of your email.